October 09, 2023
2458 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
12 Sep 2018 10:42 #281482 by repoman

Frohike wrote: I'm resisting Pamir (don't have the group) and Ancient World (I'm starting to realize that I enjoy Laukat's small box games more than his larger titles). I think Claustrophobia and whatever campaigns Goblinko has planned will probably be it for me this year.

On the non-KS front, my eyes are turning toward Railways of the World, which seems to be universally loved in my Geekbuddy list.

Railways of the World is great. My favorite pick up and deliver game by far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2018 10:43 #281483 by SuperflyPete

Gregarius wrote: I've finally weaned myself off of the KS teat, so I don't have many left I'm waiting for:
Deep Space D-6 (solo space-themed dice game)
Tripods & Triplanes (War of the Worlds meets Wings of Glory, literally)
Pulp Detective (solo detective dice game)

These three, in particular, really caught my eye. Deep Space D6 is fucking rad. I love that game. I've got a PnP copy and always wanted to get some waterslide decals for the dice to make it "legit". I didn't even know they were selling it on KS! Tripods and Triplanes was one I really wanted too. All Quiet on the Martian Front was another I wanted but I got to play a demo and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Too crunchy, too long.

Pulp Detective really looks cool. I wish I'd have gotten in.

Any solo/dice games, please mention them somewhere so I can get in. My wife and I play a LOT of these solo and/or dice games together (taking turns rolling, etc).

More
12 Sep 2018 10:44 #281484 by repoman

BaronDonut wrote:

Legomancer wrote: I read the 2e rules and they do seem a lot cleaner. But I'm still pretty sure that it's too conflicty and not wizardy enough for my main group. I don't need a $60 toad.

Hey man, I'm pretty sure we live in the same area (I teach down at HCC), feel free to give me a holler if you wanna play something weird and wonky that yr standard group may not dig.

If you're that close. You should come to Trashfest in November.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
12 Sep 2018 10:58 #281487 by BaronDonut

repoman wrote: If you're that close. You should come to Trashfest in November.

I'm planning on it! Should be fun.

More
17 Sep 2018 09:34 #281747 by BaronDonut
Okay, so I decided to back Rap Godz. First board game kickstarter ever. I have my reservations, but I backed because I keep saying we need games with new themes, style, and perspectives, so I figured it was time to put my money where my mouth is. Also, they have a "give back" option where you can donate a copy to a youth center at a reduced cost, which kicks ass.

It may not matter, because they're a long way off from their goal, but I sincerely hope they hit it.

More
17 Oct 2018 08:00 #283182 by Bernie
www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/spi...term=spirit%20island

I jumped right in to Spirit Island: Jagged Earth. Spirit Island is easily my most played game ever, and this adds a ton more options.

More
17 Oct 2018 10:27 - 17 Oct 2018 12:53 #283188 by Gary Sax
Boy, 8 spirits is a lot of content.

edit: I ended up doing this one w/the first promo pack. I have pargely stopped doing any cosmetic stuff so it was a hard pass on the wooden tomem stuff.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2018 12:53 by Gary Sax.

More
17 Oct 2018 12:54 #283198 by WadeMonnig

More
17 Oct 2018 13:38 #283205 by Ah_Pook
I backed Keyflow at a dollar so I could get the Keyflower promo tile through the pledge manager. I don't usually chase promos but I'm already pretty far down the road for Keyflower so it seems silly to stop now and have them all but one.

More
17 Oct 2018 22:13 #283240 by Frohike
I’m still deliberating a couple of expenses. One of them is the BattleCON Devastation reboot/ultimate edition. I really like the rebalancing of some of the more problematic fighters, but it comes at the cost of a giant fucking Gloomhaven box because the designer wants base cards and tuck boxes for every goddamn character. Thanks, Kickstarter.

The other is Battle of Five Armies: Limited Edition. With this one, I need to directly confront the fantasy that I’ll be *more* likely to play a pretty damn good... but not especially great dudes on a map game when it’s produced like a collector’s item, a factor that has a seductiveness that feels amplified by the Tolkienness of it (which hits me pretty hard).

With a side glance at a possible Nintendo Switch for Xmas, I think I’m ready to write off the pretty Tolkien game. But those fixed BattleCON fighters... those are going to require more deliberation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
21 Oct 2018 21:04 #283704 by hotseatgames
A reprint for Edge: Dawnfall goes live in a couple of days. I am not backing it, because the base box is $229 + $40 shipping! It looks awesome and is supposedly a cool game. It's even by my favorite designer, Michal Oracz. But come on... that is simply too much money.

Did anyone get it when it came out in 2016? www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealm...muGpM3KXAMNYsprNQAxI

More
21 Oct 2018 22:37 - 21 Oct 2018 22:51 #283707 by Wetworks
Lots of great kickstarters running now and next month. For me I'll probably get the Street Master's reprint pledge coming this Tuesday. $109 is a lot for a glorified Sentinels of the Multiverse but with all the good buzz here and around the web I'm looking to pick this up. The pledge will include the base game, Oni expansion, original KS stretch goals + the stretch goals for the current campaign.

I'm going to pledge $1 for the Cloudspire KS and see how it develops. I love Too Many Bones, it's one of my favorite 1-2 player games out there. Quick to set up and get going and lots of fun developing your character, the component quality is just fantastic.

I just saw Reichbusters: Projekt Vril and it immediately caught my interest, it won't launch until Nov 20. It's the next game from Mythic Games and it'll be a Weird War II co-op dice chucker.

I'm getting strong Wolfenstein vibes from this.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2018 22:51 by Wetworks.

More
22 Oct 2018 07:05 #284094 by Sagrilarus

hotseatgames wrote: A reprint for Edge: Dawnfall goes live in a couple of days. I am not backing it, because the base box is $229 + $40 shipping! It looks awesome and is supposedly a cool game. It's even by my favorite designer, Michal Oracz. But come on... that is simply too much money.

Did anyone get it when it came out in 2016? www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealm...muGpM3KXAMNYsprNQAxI

I’ll never buy a game like this because I just don’t have room for it. This is a game for someone with a 4500 square foot house.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
22 Oct 2018 09:17 #284279 by charlest
Yeah I was interested in Dawnfall but never backed and they ran out of review copies before I requested one. I believe Joel Eddy was a fan and had a positive review.

More
22 Oct 2018 09:22 #284288 by Gary Sax

Sagrilarus wrote:
I’ll never buy a game like this because I just don’t have room for it. This is a game for someone with a 4500 square foot house.

100% the same. Money is still an issue in my house and whatnot, but I have reached a point where the "where the fuck would I put this?" factor is HUGE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Gregarius

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.870 seconds