October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Marvel's are you Snapping?

More
26 Oct 2022 05:49 #336403 by mtagge

Jexik wrote: Agree on some of the currencies being confusing at first. The core gameplay is neat, and I'm also starting to run into some wild cards at the higher levels. Saw Killmonger for the first time. Costs 3, strength 3. KILLS ALL 1-costers, including your own, but you could easily deck build around that.

You are supposed to use him with Nova who powers up all your cards when destroyed.

It appears that there are a few mechanics at this stage:
On reveal, ongoing, move, destroy, discard.

Also I looked it up, there are three pools of cards each tied to the collection track. When you get which card in a pool is random until you hit that level and you will have them all, but everyone will have every card (except miles morales) for free eventually.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2022 08:24 #336405 by Jexik
After running an Odin deck for awhile, I’ve switched to a Heimdal/“Move” deck and it’s working pretty well, even though I don’t have Miles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
26 Oct 2022 12:31 #336414 by DarthJoJo
The new Bar Sinister location is amazing. Quadruple Forge into Mister Sinister is two energy for twenty power.

I think the locations are the secret sauce to Snap. They avoid rote play to keep you thinking game to game and add a dose of chance that can take the sting out of losing if you can’t take advantage of the powers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Jexik, WadeMonnig

More
26 Oct 2022 14:40 - 26 Oct 2022 14:48 #336416 by WadeMonnig
Quad Blue Marvel for the win

Could not retrieve bearer token (consumer)
Last edit: 26 Oct 2022 14:48 by WadeMonnig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo, DarthJoJo

More
26 Oct 2022 18:55 #336424 by dysjunct
Moon Girl to max out your hand, Devil Dinosaur into Bar Sinister = 68 power.

The problem is winning at least one other location after I focus on that.

More
26 Oct 2022 19:50 #336425 by WadeMonnig

dysjunct wrote: Moon Girl to max out your hand, Devil Dinosaur into Bar Sinister = 68 power.

The problem is winning at least one other location after I focus on that.

Which is why prefer blue marvel. It adds 4 power to every other card at every other location. Hulk Buster is cute though. It latches into itself to create a 16 power card and leaves room for 3 more cards.

More
26 Oct 2022 20:45 #336427 by DarthJoJo
Someone quadrupled Odin. I was just waiting for the game to crash.

More
27 Oct 2022 06:26 #336437 by mtagge
It took a long, long time. The other guy didn't do that they picked a character that copies a card in my hand, which was Odin. Solid three minutes of cards popping up and down.

I think I figured out the FTP economy. Don't spend credit on anything except upgrades that you have sufficient boosters to upgrade (credits are the wall). Don't spend gold on anything except refreshing the daily missions (which give you more credits and season's pass XP if you actually want to play the game push you to the weekly goal faster, and typically give you a goal instead of aimless playing). Everything else is throwing resources at a wall. Outside of missions there really isn't any advancement to be had by playing as you will be waiting for credits and will hit walls against whales who have cards beyond your available pool.

The randomness of locations, while making the game enjoyable, make it very difficult to advance past certain ranks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig, DarthJoJo

More
27 Oct 2022 14:28 #336450 by WadeMonnig
I pulled Killmonger (Kills ALL 1 power cards) almost directly after hitting tier 2, so I put a kill deck together with a single 1 cost card. You can hear the cursing when you drop killmonger turn six and take out a half dozen powered up cards. It devastates Kazar/Blue Marvel decks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthJoJo

More
27 Oct 2022 15:29 #336451 by DarthJoJo
Korg into Bar Sinister has been an automatic play for me lately, so I’m salivating at Killmonger wiping him to replay something else to the freshly vacated bar.

More
27 Oct 2022 16:43 #336453 by Jexik
I got crushed by someone getting 3k at each location via bar sinister. Requires nightcrawler, blue marvel, and onslaught.

More
27 Oct 2022 16:50 #336454 by WadeMonnig

DarthJoJo wrote: Korg into Bar Sinister has been an automatic play for me lately, so I’m salivating at Killmonger wiping him to replay something else to the freshly vacated bar.

Yondo? That would eat for Cards from thier deck. They would literally run out of cards.

More
27 Oct 2022 18:13 #336455 by ecargo
Just started playing today. It's addictive. Haven't played around with any deck building yet.

As mentioned before, I'm also wondering if I'm playing against bots or something because I haven't lost yet or customized my deck or even read my cards thoroughly enough to strategize.

More
27 Oct 2022 20:14 #336458 by WadeMonnig

ecargo wrote: Just started playing today. It's addictive. Haven't played around with any deck building yet.

As mentioned before, I'm also wondering if I'm playing against bots or something because I haven't lost yet or customized my deck or even read my cards thoroughly enough to strategize.

First levels are bots if I recall. I'd Snap every match until i started losing. Didn't realize how it worked until i missed that chance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo

More
28 Oct 2022 20:25 #336483 by WadeMonnig
It gets ugly once you hit Tier 2 (Collection Level 222) I'm about 50/50 on wins and losses and a crap set of locations can devastate any plans. I HATE the "play with random cards" or "play with your opponent's hand" No, idiots, I build my decks so I know what I have. Still trying to find a good way to use Killmonger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.885 seconds