October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

F: AT Snack Attack 02

More
19 Jul 2016 09:00 #230542 by Egg Shen

Welcome back to another edition of the Snack Attack.  This is my own little, dark, corner of the Fort where I get to discuss something that I think everyone can relate to: food!  Well, I hope you can relate to it.  Otherwise you’re either A) Dead or B) Possibly a baby that still eats flavored goop from a jar.  In either case you’re probably not one of our readers.

Read more...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2016 21:34 - 20 Jul 2016 21:36 #230543 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02
I'm not a big popcorn fan, but I do like this stuff.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2016 21:36 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Egg Shen

More
20 Jul 2016 22:57 #230544 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02
STOP PUTTING SUGAR ON POPCORN YOU FUCKING MONSTERS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Black Barney, Sevej, wadenels

More
21 Jul 2016 00:17 #230547 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02
I have Sarlac stomach and can only eat foods without flavor.

More
21 Jul 2016 09:54 #230558 by Chapel
Replied by Chapel on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02

jeb wrote: STOP PUTTING SUGAR ON POPCORN YOU FUCKING MONSTERS.

There. :)

More
21 Jul 2016 13:28 #230572 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02
@ Mad Dog - I've had the Popcorn Indiana Kettle Corn and I agree with you that it's delicious. It seems to be harder to find around me than the American Farmer brand, but if I had regular access to it I'd buy it.

@ jeb - are you some sort of popcorn purist? Do you strictly prefer butter and salt for you or do you just hate "sweet" popcorn? These are questions that must be answered! I think I was at Josh Look's and he broke out some Sriracha flavored popcorn that was pretty incredible. I've also had Maple Bacon popcorn which is nearly as addictive as this American Farmer's Kettle Korn...but with a smokey, bacon flavor instead.

@ crainac - Sarlacs have a wonderfully robust palettes. Boba Fett is FULL of flavor.

@ chapel - That fucking pickle will haunt my nightmares and torture my soul for many restless nights.

Oh, I went and did some research last night. In preparation for watching Stranger Things I picked up some more of this Slim N Sweet Kettle Popped Corn. Since it was on sale I decide to get American Farmer's regular "non healthy" version of Kettle Korn as well. For me I actually prefer the taste of the Slim N Sweet. It seemed to have a more pronounced salt AND sugar flavor. I tried them back to back and the difference was very clear. So I can rest easy knowing that the regular version isn't some "holy shit this is crazy good" thing that I'm missing out on. The only thing I'll be missing by not eating it is the extra 3g of fat per serving.

Also looking for some ideas and recommendations for the Snack Attack. Gimme specifics of something weird or extraordinary that I should try out. I don't wanna write a review for plain Lay's or Pringles. You all know what that shit tastes like. Hell, I'm half tempted to go full pickle and try this shit that Chapel posted.

More
21 Jul 2016 14:21 #230575 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02
In the past, I've bought Circus Peanuts that poor saps who lost games were required to eat.

Damn, those things are disgusting...

More
21 Jul 2016 14:38 #230577 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02
Hahahaha...that's kinda great. Those circus peanuts are horrible!

More
21 Jul 2016 16:09 #230588 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02

Egg Shen wrote: @ jeb - are you some sort of popcorn purist? Do you strictly prefer butter and salt for you or do you just hate "sweet" popcorn? These are questions that must be answered! I think I was at Josh Look's and he broke out some Sriracha flavored popcorn that was pretty incredible. I've also had Maple Bacon popcorn which is nearly as addictive as this American Farmer's Kettle Korn...but with a smokey, bacon flavor instead.

@ crainac - Sarlacs have a wonderfully robust palettes. Boba Fett is FULL of flavor.

I bet that Sarlacc was like "Holy shit! Is that Mandalorian armor? Goddamn, it's been thirty fucking years! What a delight!"

Popcorn is acceptable in two forms: salt and whatever is the minimal amount of butter you can manage to put on there, and with caramel on it near some similarly caramel'd peanuts and some bombass flat prize.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob, SuperflyPete

More
21 Jul 2016 16:12 #230589 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02
Popcorn Indiana is good shit. For game night, not a good fit because the cheese has a congealing-on-fingers effect, and the salted kind isn't much better.

M&M's are becoming my go-to, mixed with a bowl of unsalted almonds and mini pretzels.

More
21 Jul 2016 21:38 - 21 Jul 2016 21:40 #230606 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic F: AT Snack Attack 02
After playing pathfinder with my daughter, she challenged me to BEANBOOZLED CHALLENGE . After 6 round of eating lawn chipping, sour milk, rotten eggs and crappy cheese jelly beans, I through in the towel and surrendered. But Beanboozled is still awesome. You should bring it to your next game night for some good laughs.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2016 21:40 by KingPut.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds