October 09, 2023
2593 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2787 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Love Letter Review

More
19 Feb 2021 12:01 #319351 by oliverkinne
I know, Love Letter...

I had to get my message to the Princess. It was vitally important that she would hear this, but I had to be extremely careful. Many people were plotting against her, and against me, so nobody could be trusted. I had to try and get past the guards, the handmaiden and others to reach her. My heart was beating in my throat and my emotions were welling up. I tried to keep it together, because I was so close to delivering to her my Love Letter by Z-Man Games.

Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2021 12:56 #319352 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Love Letter Review
Love Letter is a lovely product, but the player count should be increased by one. It is a crashing bore as a two-player game, but shines nicely with three or four players. The theme made it harder to get on the table, so I made my own set, re-themed for vampires in the World of Darkness. I also added some additional cards so that the game could scale up to six players. I haven't played Love Letter with six yet, but it plays well with five.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
19 Feb 2021 13:06 #319353 by Octavian
Replied by Octavian on topic Love Letter Review
Our experience has been the complete opposite. We love the game at 2 player and 2 player only.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Ah_Pook

More
19 Feb 2021 17:11 #319364 by Ah_Pook
Replied by Ah_Pook on topic Love Letter Review
Agree @Octavian, my wife and I love Love Letter at 2. Super quick, super silly card game you can play on the porch while the weather is nice and you're drinking some drinks (or what have you). I think it's alright at 3, and wouldn't choose to play it above that. The fancy edition that they released that upped the player count to like 6 or 8 seemed like a poorly thought out product :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
19 Feb 2021 18:25 #319366 by jason10mm
Replied by jason10mm on topic Love Letter Review
I don't know if there are enough for their own article, but some of the LL variations, like the Marvel Thanos one, have a nice spin to it and play well with 3-5 players. Really nice hip-pocket lunchtime game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtagge

More
20 Feb 2021 18:07 #319398 by mtagge
Replied by mtagge on topic Love Letter Review

jason10mm wrote: I don't know if there are enough for their own article, but some of the LL variations, like the Marvel Thanos one, have a nice spin to it and play well with 3-5 players. Really nice hip-pocket lunchtime game!

I ended up with the Batman version. It adds an VP if you play a Batman (1 card) and guess correctly the other person's card. Can't guess Robin. It also comes in a nice pouch that we just throw in a suitcase when travelling. Lord of the Rings themed one also has a Ring Card (and they are huge cards) don't remember that mechanic. The theme of the original is uninspiring and should be retired, no reason anyone should buy that one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jason10mm

More
20 Feb 2021 19:43 #319402 by DarthJoJo
Replied by DarthJoJo on topic Love Letter Review
Never played it, but I did buy a batch of the marriage edition as gifts in that three-year span when all my friends got married. Original art but white pouch, the princess was in a wedding dress and everyone else in white?

More
20 Feb 2021 22:40 #319407 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Love Letter Review
Only played the original a couple times, always with 4 and it was fine. Have played Lovecraft Letter a number of times, always with 4 or more and it's better than the original, IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
21 Feb 2021 00:54 #319409 by Whoshim
Replied by Whoshim on topic Love Letter Review
I have played Love Letter, Infinity Gauntlet, and 2 of the 4 Lost Legacy games. I think Lost Legacy is the best of the bunch.

The nice thing is that you don't automatically win if you have the best number at the end. You have to point out the treasure. There is a bit more information management that happens in the game. Also, one of the expansions really changes it, so that the winner is the one with the most points in their discard pile at the end (with a lot of card effects that mess with discard piles).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds